summerdance is a specialized talent development program for dancers ages 12 and up, aimed at students in arts & sports programs or in pre-professional training who practice at least 10 classes per week. The week-long program will take place from August 13-19, 2023, at the dance studios of the Zurich University of the Arts, in cooperation with BA Contemporary Dance, ZHdK. summerdance will thus become a platform for talent development in dance, linking to the Talentscouting Days and building a bridge to professional dance education.
As the date for summerdance is outside school vacations in some cantons, you may contact Danse Suisse to get a dispensation from school lessons.
Registration will be open as of December 22, 2022.
Attention: The number of participants is limited; registrations will be considered in the order of receipt.
Participants from outside of Zurich have the possibility to stay overnight at the Wollishofen Youth Hostel in Zurich. The participants will be accompanied by a team of caretakers for the entire duration of the course.
Gifted dance talents aged 15-21 from the tri-national region around Basel have the opportunity to apply for financial support from the "Marianne Forster Memorial Tanzförderverein" (MFMT) with regard to participation fees. For more information, please visit
Please read the document → SD Conditions carefully before registering!
Definitive programme with teachers:
- Philippe "Physs" Almeida (FR), hip-hop dance
- Arman Grigoryan (AM/CH), ballet
- Galina Grigoryan (BG/CH), ballet and pointe
- Angélique Keller (CH), body conditioning a nd mindfulness
- Lloyd Mayor (CH/US), graham and repertoire
- Perla Perlson Miscioscia (CH), house dance
- Faye Stoeser (UK), contemporary and choreography
Newly planned, the following accompanying events will be integrated into summerdance:
- Mental Health / Mindfulness
- "Rest and Relax" - an introduction to the periodisation principle in training
- "Speaking Up"
- Information on recognised education opportunities in Switzerland